After the picture took, she said 'no want it' over and over again. It was funny. I think it will be awhile before she asks for that first thing in the morning again!
Here's some updates from the last few weeks:
*Cora and I were eating dinner the other night and she said 'Mommy, I like your pony'. I had my hair up in a ponytail.
*Cora was eating some strawberries & blueberries and accidentally dropped a blueberry. I told her Tucker would eat it. Then I heard 'No sir, my boobies!' in a very stern voice. I have really worked on her, but she still pronounces blueberries as boobies.
*Spoon is 'foon' now.
*Washcloth has changed to 'fa-fa' - I can't explain this one.
*Grandpa sometimes sounds like 'pickle'.
*Tomato is 'mader' or 'mato'.
*Cora is starting to tell me 'no' and I am really not very fond of it!
*She is a really good eater, awesome actually. She loves strawberries and blueberries, she has slowed down on grapes. She likes peas, green beans, and corn. She loves her meats - chicken, brisket, fajita meat, fish and she likes hard boiled eggs. She loves yogurt and pancakes for breakfast. And PB&J for lunch on weekends. She dips most of her dinner foods in ranch. We don't eat fast food, except on rare occasions when we get Chick fil-A. She still doesn't get juice and everyone thinks I am crazy, but owell. She gets very little sugar/sweets and she doesn't ask for them unless we are at a birthday party or something. I also don't keep that stuff in the house and she doesn't see me eat it, so that helps.
*We went to eat last weekend before the Astros game and they only had ketchup for dipping. She had cheese quesadillas and I gave her some pickles. She proceeded to dip the pickles in the ketchup and eat them. Yuck! It pretty much grossed all of us at the table out. Especially me, since I don't eat ketchup and she only really gets it at restaurants if even then.
*She has her colors down now, and rarely messes up other than confusing yellow and orange.
*She counts to ten, but skips the number 5. I worked really hard on this and she knows that you have 5 fingers, but when counting she skips it.
*When she counts items, she skips over some of the items before she actually counts them, so my five fingers ends up being eight.
*Cora is walking more on her own - Yeah!
*Cora is starting to test my limits. The other night she thought is was funny to hit me and tell me no. I explained that we do not hit, etc. She grinned and hit me again. Now, she isn't hitting hard, just a little tap, but I can see the look in her eyes and she is testing me. I told her that if she hit me again, she would get a spankin. Well...she did hit me again, and she DID get a spankin. She didn't like it at all. But the next night when she started to hit me, I asked her if she wanted a spankin and she said 'no' and stopped hitting me. Whoo Hoo for Mommy!
*Cora has always been a pretty happy kid, especially in public. Sunday I took her to the bathroom to change her diaper and she had to walk on her own. We walked up every step (we were on row 2). Everyone smiled and commented to me on how cute she was or spoke directly to her. While in the bathroom a lady was watching us kind of funny, then told me - "a happy child means a good Mom." That made me feel pretty good! I am so used to her being so mellow and easy going that I guess I take it for granted sometimes.
*Cora loves to read books. We read a couple every night before she goes to bed and she always grabs one before a diaper change. Usually at night, I read her the book, then 'she reads it'. The other night she was reading it and Katie happened to be in the chair with us and she was reading it to Katie. Every time Katie would look away from the book she would call Katie's name and point to the book as if telling Katie to pay attention. It was funny. Then a couple of nights later, Maddie got in my lap with Cora (major shocker!) and got to listen to the bedtime story. She got in trouble when she looked away too.
*When reading her books, if there are pictures of food, she will pretend to eat it.
*If she has a bug bite or a 'Katie bite' on her arm or leg and you ask her who/what bit you - she answers 'Connor bite'. I am trying to get her to stop saying that, and tell her it is a bug bite, but she still says Connor did it. I guess that is what he gets for biting her for so long! :-)
*She got bit at school this week and she ratted out Conner in front of the teacher. I talked at length with the teachers and Cora stays away from Conner now and actually will swat at him if he comes near her. I guess he snuck up on her this time. I feel better that she is defending herself, but I don't like her hitting. I am trying to teach her to tell Conner 'no bite!'.
*I also found out from one of the teachers that Cora is really close with another little girl in the class, Brooklyn. She is a lot smaller than Cora, but is actually a couple weeks older. I have always thought Brooklyn was a cutie and she is so sweet. Cora apparently lights up when Brooklyn gets there in the mornings and they play together all day. I was surprised because Cora doesn't really talk about her. She used to always talk about Conner, but has moved on to Joshua (Joshie). He is the other little boy that is at school by the time we get there in the mornings. He usually comes up to me when I am there too.
*On the way home from school Cora started talking about Tucker and all of a sudden said 'I wub Tucker'. I said 'you love Tucker?' - she said, 'yeah'. I then told her 'you are so darn cute' and she started saying 'Tucker cute'.
*Cora helps me let Tucker out when we get home. She holds the door open and tells him to 'go potty' and guides him out the door. Then shuts the door. When it is time to let him back in, I open the door and she tells him 'Tucker "c'mere".
*Cora is really starting to talk a lot and actually make conversation. I am working with her in the evenings by asking her what she did at school and she is slowly getting the hang of it.
*I took Cora to the Dentist for the first time on Tuesday. When we pulled in the parking lot she knew something was up. She said 'I carry you mommy?'. I told her, yes I will carry you inside. Then she kept repeating 'I carry you inside, mommy?' I have found that when she is a little nervous she wants to be carried. We got inside and I tried to put her down and she locked her legs so tight on me that I couldn't get her off of me! They called us back quickly and she didn't want anything to do with it. They turned on a movie, but we ended up finishing before the previews were over! The doctor came in and counted her teeth and cleaned them. He commented that they were very clean and we were doing a good job - yea! Then he said that there is some crowding of her bottom teeth and that will most likely be a problem when she gets her permanent teeth. Oh joy. She cried the entire time he was cleaning her teeth, but she followed instruction well when she was told to open her mouth. He even commented that she looked like a statue because she was holding her arms up in the air and her legs were straight as a board. She didn't fight him which is good I guess. She was ready to leave the office though. Thankfully it was a quick visit! Then when we got to school she didn't want me to leave, I guess she thought we were going to have a girls day or something! Oops.
*I am finally going to leave Cora for an overnight stay at Nana's house. She actually will spend one night with Dennis's parents too. We are taking a weekend trip to Arizona and I am finally leaving her. She will be down there during the day on Friday and Monday, so Nana is going to keep her most of the time since she has those days off. I am looking forward to Dennis and I getting away on a much needed trip, but I am sad to leave her. I have been attached to her for over two years and I am going to be so lost! I am only worried about her 'routines' that she is so particular about, otherwise I know she'll be perfectly fine. I also hope her awesome eating habits don't get ruined! She probably won't even miss us...ok she better miss us! She is used to Daddy being gone, but not Mommy. I still have a few weeks to prepare, and I am getting better about the idea...but it is still hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment