Sunday, August 2, 2009

Houston Zoo

Sunday morning we headed to the zoo. I don't know what I was thinking...it is too dang hot to be going to the zoo this time of year! We lasted a little over 2 hours and Dennis and I were done. Cora perked up at the end, but she was very close to melting stage since we hadn't eaten lunch and she was due for a nap...even though she did sleep until 9am!

There are little bitty monkeys in this picture...I swear.
The animals were not cooperating for my pictures. This was a very orange monkey.

Daddy & Cora.
Looking at animals with Daddy.

Giraffe!

She liked the Elephants & Giraffes...but they were the few animals that were actually out and about.
Checking out the Elephants.



The bear was smart - he was hanging out in the water.



I don't remember what this animal is, but it looked like half a zebra.


We passed by the elephants again...

This was the view from the tunnel under the cougar & lion exhibit. The glass was really dirty so that is why the pictures aren't so great.


Sweaty Cora. She kept asking to go 'inside'...that usually means she is hot.


I think she liked playing on the playground the most!


Checking out the goats in the children's area.

She wasn't too sure about him, but she did touch him eventually.


You have to have a frozen drink when it is that hot! She ate some, but she kept telling us to 'eat it'.


She finally was walking on her own when we left. We kept asking if she wanted to ride and she would say 'no, I walk'.

No comments: