Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More Updates...

According to Blogger - this is my 300th post! Wow! That is a lot of Cora!

After our trip to the zoo on Sunday, I had to fight her to take a nap. She played in her bed for a couple of hours. I had a severe headache and laid down when I put her to bed. She reached through the slats in her bed and turned the monitor on and off over and over again. She needed something so I went back in there and told her she needed about 30 more minutes of 'quiet time' and then she could get up. Well I woke up about an hour later and I ended up having to wake her up another hour after that. She was tired, she just had to be convinced she was tired. When she woke up her pig tails were pretty pathetic. I tried to fix one and ended up taking the other one out. She wouldn't let me fix the other one and I thought her bed head was pretty funny so I took some pictures.
Then she started jumping in her bed and it looks even funnier!
She was playing with her purse full of dress up stuff and wanted me to take a picture of her with her purple tiara on.


*Cora is really saying more and more multiple word sentences. It is really neat. She pointed to a glass on the counter the other day and said 'that's Daddy's cup'.
*Monday she actually said 'No, no Katie, its Mommy's shoes' when Katie was smelling my shoes.
*She is labeling everything - it is either hers, mommy's or daddy's...chair, cup, seat, hat, etc.
*She has to do it herself - it is either 'my turn' or 'my do it'.
*When she does it by herself (or thinks she does it by herself) she gets excited and says 'I did it'.
*Cora loves to pet the cats. It is usually Katie because she is more social. Cora will say 'I pet her' when Katie comes near. It is like she is asking me if it is ok, and once I tell her yes, she pets her and gets excited about it. I have to hold Maddie down for Cora to be able to pet her - Maddie is terrified of her.
*Cora loves to play with my make-up. She'll watch me put on my make-up and grab brushes out of the drawer and imitate me. It is cute.
*Cora is getting worse and worse about copying everything I do. It is getting so bad that she wants to eat the food off of my plate even if it is the same as what is on her plate.
*She is getting more and more bossy - will tell me to get 'up' or 'sit'. Tells Tucker to 'move' when he is in her way (or so she thinks he is).
*She tells Tucker to 'potty' when we go outside.
*If the door (or cabinet door) is left open, she'll tell me to 'shut it'. If it is the backdoor, she'll shut it by herself now. Dennis and I are both thrilled with this since he doesn't get the back door shut all the way half the time and I am prone to leaving the kitchen cabinet doors open. She is keeping us on our toes!
*She has discovered the train table at her school. They have it right inside the door and she decided she wants to play with the 'choo-choo' when we leave every day. I have to basically walk out the door to get her away from it.
*She has to climb in the car and climb in the car seat. She likes to buckle the straps about half the time...usually when I am trying to hurry up!
*On her favorite lovey 'Purple' (a small purple taggie blanket) she always has to hold the tag that has the 'sheep' on it. She used to ask where it was by just saying 'sheep'. Now, she wants to 'find it' and will shake the lovey so she can find it herself.
*Cora was standing in the pantry the other morning and I asked her to shut the door, she said no because she was 'shoppin'. I asked her if she had any money - 'yea' was her answer. I walked away and she ended up shutting the door with out buying anything.
*Cora was playing hide n go seek with Daddy the other night...but she just said she was going to go 'find Daddy'.
*She loves to watch tv in our bed ('Mommy's bed' or 'bed'). It is so tall that she can't climb up into on her own so she always has to ask. And then she gets nervous when sliding down and will get stuck and hang on her belly yelling at me to come help her down the remaining three or so inches.
*She has pretend lipstick and tells me 'do it', then says 'my do it'. She makes Dennis do it too...I just never have the camera close when he does it! Someday...
*Cora is obsessed with purses! If it has a strap and can go over her shoulder, it is a purse. First it was shoes, now purses...poor Dennis!
*She walks around and talks on her pretend cell phone...today she is talking to Grandpa. She likes to talk on it for a minute then hands it to me to talk.
*When a loud noise (my hair dryer, the blower outside, etc) stop making noise, she says 'yea'.
*She gets the pretend water sprayer thing from her play kitchen and acts like she is spraying me and says 'ew ew' while she is doing it. I don't know why...
*When going through the bedtime routine, I grab purple and blankie and she tells me to put blankie on my shoulder.
*Washcloth is 'waff-off-off' - it has taken me months to figure this one out!
*When I am on my cell phone she thinks it is a direct line to Nana because I usually put it on speaker for them to talk.

No comments: