Friday night Cora and I went to the Leggio's house for a jewelry party. Cora was doing really well and playing with the other kids some. She was on the couch for awhile and when she went to get down, she landed wrong and hit her face on the very thick glass coffee table. It was very loud and most of the ladies in the house heard it. Then it was followed by the worst scream I have ever heard come out of Cora. It was horrible. I grabbed her and ran to the kitchen, Julie and Julie worked on getting ice while Jill H worked on finding the Tylenol in the depths of my diaper bag. I was frantically searching Cora's face/mouth/nose for blood and found nothing. I thought she hit her forehead and she kept saying 'nose' and pointing to it. She held the ice on really well and calmed down pretty quickly considering how hard she hit. Her nose did eventually bleed a little, but it was a very tiny amount. I was so worried she would wake up with black eyes and a major bruise on her face. I kept her up for awhile to monitor her and make sure she was ok - which she was.
We woke up Saturday morning and she didn't have a mark on her face! I was shocked. She even said that it didn't hurt anymore. She apparently has a hard head...just like her Mama!
I was taking a couple pictures of her after breakfast to compare to other pictures to see if there was any swelling in her nose and she was cooperating and asking for more pictures. She looks so different because her hair is down. Too bad she is in her PJ's and not a cute dress!
No comments:
Post a Comment