Monday, June 8, 2009

Misc This Week

Our chickens are growing! Yep, still have four. The yellow one is from the original group and the brown ones are the second batch. Dennis lets them run around in the backyard when he is out there. I don't think I will ever get used to looking out my kitchen window and seeing a chicken running around the back yard! It is just too weird.
Playing in her dress up shoes.

She had a really bad diaper rash over the weekend, so to help, I let her 'air out'. So I didn't have a naked kid running around the house I grabbed her swimsuit cover up and put that one her. She walked around for awhile saying 'hiney hurt' in a whiny voice. It was sad, but so darn cute. And yes that is a syringe in her hand - she is on antibiotics, hence the diaper rash and it is one that I don't use. To keep her from grabbing the one with the medicine in it, she gets that one. But actually she threw it away the other day because it was broken.
Maddie never makes the blog, because she is hiding most of the time. I was giving her a bath the other night and she didn't try to escape much because the water was the lesser of the evils. Cora was standing in front of her pointing at her saying 'Maddie'. Maddie is terrified of Cora and runs when she comes in the room. She was ok with being in the sink as long as Cora couldn't reach her!
This week's updates and funny things:
*Cora is obsessed with my sunglasses for some reason. She pronounces glasses 'gasses'. She will wear mine for a little while and then give them back to me. It is just hard when I am trying to drive and she wants mine.
*She loves dresses now. Last week she wanted to put one on and I couldn't get it off of her. This weekend I was showing Dennis a couple of new outfits and one was a dress...she wanted it on and again wouldn't take it off. I had to forcibly remove it and she was pissed!
*She is asking for goldfish now, but it is more like 'go-iss' - takes a few times to figure it out, but I am getting it down.
*She asked to watch Elmo the other day. I said sure and asked her if she wanted to sit in the chair, she said no. Then proceeded to grab my hand and lead me to my bedroom. She stopped at the bed and said 'mommy's bed'. I put her on the bed and she scooted over and patted the bed for me to lay with her. Very cute and I thought I might sneak her into a nap since she didn't really get one that day...but no such luck. I was closer to napping than she was!
*After the birthday party on Saturday she sang 'Happy Birthday' the rest of the weekend. But 'birthday' sounded more like 'hee hay'. She also would start saying 'to Cora' - I guess she does know she has a birthday coming up soon!
*While playing on Saturday she put her purse on her arm and had her sunglasses on...would walk to the door and turn to me and say 'bye bye, see you later'. Cracked me up!
*We came home with a balloon from the party on Saturday and she was quite obsessed with it. I had to keep turning off ceiling fans for fear it would get popped. It did last the weekend and is flat and half deflated, but she still carries it around and holds it up to her face and says 'I see you' while looking through it at you.
*She is asking for chicken for dinner - which is disturbing some since we have 4 chickens as pets!
*When Tucker barks, she instinctively tells him 'STOP'. He doesn't listen to her any better than he listens to me.
*She insists on having a napkin at dinner and shoves her hand in your face if it has any speck of food on it. She is trying to be a clean freak like her daddy I guess. Great I'll have two of them ganging up on me!
*She loves her corn!
*She asks for 'cookie' and we give her a cracker - and she is fine with that. Poor thing doesn't know the difference yet!
*When sitting at a table, she will ask you to 'scoot' her up to the table.
*She'll say 'yummy' if she likes what she is eating.
*Butterfly is 'hi hi'.

No comments: