Sunday, September 21, 2008

Still No Power

This is Cora telling me she is hungry...

This was one night when she actually was liking what I was serving...spaghetti.
This robe has been hanging in the bathroom since she was born. It is way too small for her, but she wanted it on anyway. It was only bad if you were standing behind her when she dropped something! It was really funny though.

Update:
We could be worse off, but we still don't have power. Centerpoint's website said that we might have it by Thursday. Wow - I didn't ever think we would be without power for this long! We are surviving - luckily I told Dennis to go ahead and buy the more expensive window unit AC. Otherwise I would probably be living in a hotel or at my Mom's by this point. Cora has been pretty good, all things considered. We have had some rough spots, but we have gotten through them. We went to Nana's to do some laundry since the generator probably couldn't handle the dryer. We went to visit my friend Kara and her girls yesterday. That was a huge help for both Cora and I - Thanks Kara!!


Our struggle now is that Cora is being a very picky eater. It changes from meal to meal. I feel like I am wasting so much food! Today for lunch she at cheese, a hand full of noodles, two bites of a sandwich, a couple bites of a plum and an entire jar of carrots! She'll be orange in no time. This morning after eating a banana and pancakes she insisted on having one of my spicy crackers (saltines w/garlic & crushed red pepper). I don't know why - but she wasn't stopping until she got it. I dusted off as much of the red pepper as I could, and she ate the whole thing. Strange child.

She also is wanting to go outside all the time, but the mosquitoes are so bad we can't. She is covered in bites she looks horrible. She also has some bite marks from Katie (the cat). She has been tormenting Katie and pulling her tail that we have decided to just let Katie bite her. Cora laughs. When Katie hits her it is even funnier. Not sure how to solve that problem at this point. When we get on to Cora she laughs at us too. Not cool.


Well the daycare still doesn't have power, so Cora is going to go to the Sugar Land location tomorrow (if Pearland doesn't miraculously get power today). I have to go to work, so this is the only option at this point. She'll be fine and needs to be around other children again. Plus it will help get her back on schedule. Oh, she slept the entire night in her bed last night! Yeah. She slept until 9 this morning, but that is fine too. We have to get her to bed early tonight since we will be going to work tomorrow. Back to early days!

No comments: