Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hurricane Cora

I am not sure about the Hurricane Edouard that everyone was talking about! I got to stay home with Cora today...it was an experience. She was great this morning and followed schedule as usual. She slept great, played great...I got tons of work done...then this afternoon hit. Which ensued my inside hurricane. The kitchen was a disaster. I was dumb enough to leave a stack of papers on the edge of the table (aka my desk today) and she pulled them all down. Of course she didn't grab the stack that was going to the garbage. She had them spread every where. She had half the Tupperware cabinet all over the floor too (I failed to get a picture of that).
She also grabbed the few items left from the Sunday paper and ripped them to pieces...luckily my work stuff fared better.
But she saved the coupon for me. Way to go.

She has tormented Katie (my cat) all day...she is again right now and Katie is crying for help. Poor Katie. She has been very patient with Cora and has never bitten her...after today she still hasn't. Katie will bite the fire out of anyone, but not Cora. Dennis swears she is a dumb cat...but I think she is pretty smart. (As I type up this blog entry, Katie has screamed about four times!)

Cora decided to clean out my purse for me and miraculously didn't break my sunglasses or find the buddy that I keep stashed in there for major emergencies.
Daddy called and is on his way home...yeah for us! I think she is bored with me. We took a walk in the neighborhood in her wagon and played peekaboo around the island in the kitchen to distract her tempers. Now she is reaching for the stove knobs...hmm..I guess I need to look into the knob covers soon! And she is testing me...I better go distract her with something else since telling her no is definitely not working!

No comments: