Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2 Years Old


I took her 2 year pictures at Mom's house on the river. She wasn't really in the mood, so I didn't get very many good ones. I might try again this weekend, but we'll see.
Updates:
Height 33.5 inches (I think she was closer to 34)
Weight 32 pounds (she was less than that - she was holding her water cup!)
*When she wants you to pick her up she says 'I carry you'
*Blueberries is 'boobies' - I am working on this, so hopefully it won't last too much longer.
*Necklace is 'nessess'
*Bracelet is 'bace-et'
*She thinks it is funny to fight me while getting dressed.
*She has started to head-butt me and it really hurts me and she just laughs.
*She tells Tucker to 'hush' now after hearing Nana tell her dog that.
*When Tucker does something wrong, she tells him 'bad dog!' and will usually be looking at him and pointing to him.
*Cora loves fruit - berries, grapes...but no melons!
*'No Want It' - means she doesn't want it
*'No...No....No' - very loudly until I acknowledged her, she is trying to hand me something she doesn't want anymore. I am trying to work on this and tell her to go put it away, which she is doing.
*She is still a big Mommy's girl - working on it, but it is so hard!
*Shoes - she is still obsessed with them. When she was stuck on one particular pair, I would try to explain to her that they didn't match her outfit. So now she will ask me if her shoes 'match' before putting them on.
*She is good at taking her shoes (sandals) off and can sometimes get them on by herself.
*She told me the other morning on the way to school that she needed to 'potty'. As soon as we walked into class I told the teacher and she took her in there and said she pottied a little bit.
*She is starting to pretend a little bit. She'll talk on her phone and now is pretending with her tea party set.
*When Tucker sneezes, she is blessing him now too.
*I have a habit of telling Cora that when Dennis is gone he is working. Also, when he is outside mowing, I say he is working. So when he isn't here and I tell her Daddy is working, she says 'mowing?'. I think she thinks Dennis is a lawn boy!
*On our way home from school she talks about going home to see Tucker, Maddie and Katie.
*On Fridays one of the houses that we drive by on the way home always has a pink moonwalk out in the yard. Cora sees it every time and yells "JUMP!" and talks about it the rest of the way home.
*One morning she was happy about being in school and when I kissed her goodbye she pointed to the door and said 'work'. I was so thrilled.
*Cora is asking for hugs and kisses on her own. She will ask for a kiss after I put her in the car and will throw a fit if I don't give her one...even if I have already gotten in the driver's seat!
*We are trying to get her to say 'ma'am' and 'sir'. Usually that's all she says...when I correct her to say 'yes ma'am', all she says is 'ma'am'.
*When I am trying to get her to say a few words together, she ends up saying only the last word, or only the last syllable. For example, 'Open this please' comes out 'please'. And Saturday she shortened Grandpa to just 'pa'.
*Cora says Koozie as 'kooiez'.
*She isn't scared of thunder and usually if it is loud enough, she'll say 'ooohhh' or 'whoa'. I guess that is better than being scared.
*When in the car and you hit a bump or go through a dip a little too fast, she'll say 'whoa' and sometimes will ask 'again?'.
*Cora is obsessed with phones. She has numerous play cell phones, plus I'll let her play with the home phones. Well Dennis found some old cell phones and took the batteries out and let her have them. She doesn't play with them much because she says they are broken since they don't make noise or light up. But the funny part is she has it set in her mind that one of them belongs to Dennis's friend, Tommy. She will pick it up and say 'Tommy's'. She used to call him Thomas for some reason too.
*Cora is mesmerized by our friend's daughter, Alex (she is a few months older than Cora). We saw them at Reid's party and I told Cora who she was. Well we saw her in Galveston when we were down there. Cora knew right away who she was. Then later than night they came to our house and Cora's face lit right up when Alex walked in the room, she pointed at her and told me 'Alex' - it was like it was someone famous or something. It is so funny the way she acts around her. Not to mention she does not know names very well (she gets that from her Daddy!). I also showed her a picture of her on the computer the other night and asked her who it was - without skipping a beat she answered 'Alex'.
*Cora has started saying mm-mm for 'no'. It was bugging me to know where she picked that up from...until I started realizing that both Dennis and I do that! Oops.
*When I say 'Dennis', Cora repeats me and will call him Dennis instead of Daddy. She sometimes will say it out of the blue on her own. It is cute.
*Cora is counting better and gets to 10 by herself, but sometimes gets stuck on 4.
*She is singing the alphabet more often and almost gets through it on her own.
*Cora knows just about all the colors, but when I ask her what color something is, she answers wrong about half of the time. When I tell her no and she knows what color it is, she will answer correctly. She doesn't like to show off I guess.

No comments: