Saturday, November 8, 2008

Grandpa


Well Grandpa (aka Assistant Chief) finally did it! He is retiring...after 28 years with the City of Lake Jackson. He joined the force when I was about 5 years old. I was too young to remember it all, but from what I remember being told he just got the job for a year or so while he figured out what they were going to do with their business they owned that wasn't doing so well. Well, they sold it and 28 years later, here we are. Having a Dad as a police officer growing up in a small town is not so easy, but it does have its perks. Like the car being registered in Dad's name...so I never got a ticket in LJ...but I think I was only pulled over twice in my high school years. My brother used it way more than the rest of us kids! Ha Ha.
Grandpa and Nana came up a few weeks ago so I could take some pictures of him in his uniform one last time. Cora patiently waited her turn and got some with him. She was giving him kisses and would laugh because his mustache would tickle. It was really cute.
Happy Retirement Grandpa!! We love you! Cora can't wait for all the extra time you'll have to play with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!! When was his last day? I wish there had been some sort of public reception so we could have all said thank you! Great pic, too!