Ok, Cora has major on/off switches that we can't control...one day she hates shoes, the next she is
obsessed with them. Two weeks ago she hated raisins...now she loves them and has to eat them all the time! The other night I was feeding her dinner and she saw the container of raisins on the counter. I told her no she needed to eat her dinner first. As you can imagine, that went over well. She got upset in her highchair. She wouldn't calm down and as history has proven to me, she needed some alone time to regain composure. I took her to her room and let her cry it out in bed. Normally she gets over it in a couple of minutes. This time it made her even more mad. After a few minutes I went back in her room to see if she was ready to calm down and eat her dinner. She wasn't, but I changed her diaper and tried to reason with her. Didn't work, so I put her back in bed and told her I would check on her in another few minutes. Well during that episode Dennis came home, he heard all the
commotion and decided not to intervene. I got him up to speed on what was going on. He had never heard her throw a fit this bad...she saves them for Mommy only. (isn't that sweet of her?) Well I checked on her again and since that wasn't working I picked her out of bed and put her on the floor so she could decide when she was ready to come out. She finally came out and saw Daddy...she was mortified. I am not sure if she was more
embarrassed that he saw her behave that way or if she was scared he was going to spank her or something. He asked her for a hug and she ran and
buried her face into me!
She ate her dinner but continued to pitch fits the rest of the evening. Dennis was finding humor in it and was taking pictures. He really wanted to take video of it, but I didn't have a disc ready.
Here she is crying to him and pointing to what she wanted (for the life of me I can't remember).

Can you say Momma's girl? She was crying hysterical when I picked her up and she just cuddled right up to me like this. I was laughing because she went from hot to cold that fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment