Ok, so it isn't until next week, but we already went to the doctor since I was off this week.
Height - 32 3/4" - 75%
Weight - 27# 11 oz - 90%
Head - 19" - 90%
She came home Friday with the lovely black eye you see in the picture above. She fell on the playhouse that is in the classroom. She loves it and she is a klutz. Unfortunately this picture was taken on Saturday morning and it has progressively gotten worse. I think Tuesday was the darkest, but I don't know. It has one part that is a lovely shade of teal. Nice.
Okay, well to update...about two weeks ago I received a call from the daycare that Cora received another bite. This time to her face. Supposedly by a 'new biter'. I was very upset since it happened on her face. When I picked her up it didn't look like a bite, but there was a very noticeable bruise on her cheek. I called Daddy to let him know and he kicked into high gear - aka protective daddy mode. I was later told that he had made an appointment with the director and I could come if I wanted. Ok, so I am the one that drops her off everyday and picks her up most days...yes I think I'll be there. Well the meeting was rough. Dennis got his point across numerous times and it was well known to everyone in the room that he was less than pleased with the director. We found out that she is leaving and the new director was in the meeting with us. The new director knows me and I have been pleased with her since she has been there. She was great in the meeting and seems to be making an effort to keep Cora there. I checked out a couple of other daycares to move her, but we are going to hold off for now. We all decided to move her up to the next class even though it is a little early. Give her a break from all the biters. I thought we would just slowly move her up, but she did so well they moved her the first day. It has been a great move for her so far (minus the black eye of course). She is really trying hard to start talking. She says the usual - Mama, Dada, down and more. Now she says 'mo' for elmo, cracker, moo for cow. She also will repeat a lot of things I say but doesn't use the word consistently. She can say Tucker if I do, but not on her own yet. With all my family in town, she is learning who everyone is.
Cora finally spent one night away from Mommy! We took her to my parent's house a couple of weeks ago for the night while we went to a Christmas party on the north side of town. She was awesome for Nana & Grandpa - never cried once. She was very excited to see us when we picked her up...but wouldn't get more than a few inches away from me...and has been that way ever since. Not sure if it was totally worth it, but she did well and that makes me feel good about leaving her.
Well I got as caught up as I could today - I'll post Christmas pictures soon - I have a million!
No comments:
Post a Comment