Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Thursday!

Okay, well the diaper rash is almost cleared up! Yeah. We have gone through some diapers this week! And I don't know if I will ever get all that Desitin goop off of her hiney.


Here's her with her new Taggies blanket I broke down and finally ordered. She loves her Taggies book that Aunt Kristan got for her, so I figured she would like this too. I was right. I think she is overwhelmed by all the tags though! She chewed on the bulk of them the first night I let her play with it.

I fed her some dinner tonight and apparently it wasn't enough, she was still fussing for more. I had some bananas and mashed one up for her to eat. She has had it before and ate it just fine, but tonight she was making some faces. She ate a lot before the faces started so I think it was just because she was full, but she kept opening her mouth when I held the spoon out, so who knows! It was cute though. I even seasoned it with a little cinnamon. Again, I think it was mostly because she was done, but the pictures were funny.


Oh, and I think I may have figured out part of the gaining weight problem...oatmeal cereal is really fattening! I was checking all the labels on her food the other night and found that everything is no fat except for the Oatmeal cereal - it has 1.5 grams of fat per 1/4 cup serving! Wow - that is a lot for a little baby. We have ceased the oatmeal for now, so maybe that will help some. Minor new mom blunder...I am entitled, right?

Oh, and update on the lovely Zyrtec. We are in bad tree pollen again...I am sniffling and sneezing like crazy! Cora is doing wonderful. I can tell she is getting a little bit because she is sneezing almost as much as I am, but her nose is a lot better than mine is - thankfully. I am used to suffering at this point! Maybe I should switch to Zyrtec...especially since it is over the counter now.

She rolled over at school three times today! They keep missing it though...maybe she is doing it for attention now. :-) Either way, she is getting better. She also is scooting a lot more while sitting up. Last night I was trying to get her to move and let her go for my cell phone...one big stretch and it was hers! So I thought I would be smart and let her go for the dog toy that she was so intently eyeing...couple big stretches and jackpot! Of course, laws of nature, she always finds the dog toy out of all the toys in the pile. She is scooting backwards when placed on her belly, so it is only a matter of time that she will be fully mobile!

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Dennis is getting ready for the cook-off coming up, so it will be a lazy girls weekend...hopefully!

No comments: